MyTek Partners with MIKID to Support Internal IT
MIKID (MIKID.ORG) is an Arizona non-profit whose goal is to improve the behavioral health and wellness of children and youth through a family-centered approach. With seven locations across the state and a team of 150 plus, Kristian Nordhaugen, IT Administrator, oversees all aspects of MIKID’s technology. Yet, as an IT team of one, he sought a trusted IT partner to
provide support and additional resources.
When Kristian joined MIKID, he saw an opportunity to collaborate with MyTek in the following ways to address critical issues that were causing downtime and to provide ongoing IT support:
• Updating outdated technology company-wide
• Managing and monitoring potential malware and virus threats
• Connectivity and networking functionality issues across locations
• Loss of productivity due to technology issues
• Security issues around protecting patient data
MyTek conducted a thorough analysis of MIKID’s technology infrastructure to:
• Identify root causes of systemic problems
• Analyze the existing technology infrastructure
• Isolate sources of malware
• Address security concerns
• Thoroughly understand MIKID’s technology needs to make relevant
MyTek upgraded MIKID’s servers and managed switches and access points, transitioned them to a cloud-based system to include O365 and upgraded firewalls to better support the needs of the system’s infrastructure and protect confidential client data.
“The work we did helped us accomplish our goal of having an IT infrastructure that meant less time dealing with IT issues and more time for our staff to focus on the children and families we serve,” shared Kristian. “Our technology now helps, versus hinders us.” Kristian noted the following strategic benefits from their partnership with MyTek:
• Having a relationship-centered IT partner, where MyTek knows us and our business.
• Freeing-up precious time to focus on daily operations and training staff on using the
new O365 tools for increased collaboration, productivity and efficiency.
• Knowing they have a partner who will always go the extra mile for them, noting that
MyTek engineers worked weekends and after hours during the upgrade process
ensuring implementation deadlines were met. during the upgrade process.
• Having a partner who promptly responds to IT issues and quickly resolves them.
• Having an updated IT infrastructure that works flawlessly, greatly reducing IT
frustration among the team and improving productivity.
We deploy the magic of IT with unparalleled support to Arizona businesses. For over a decade, MyTek has provided proactive IT solutions such as technical helpdesk support, computer support, and IT consulting to growing businesses. It’s always been our goal to provide enterprise-level IT practices and solutions with predictable pricing. Our dedicated staff loves seeing our clients succeed. Your success is our success. We treat your business with the same care and strategic oversite as if it was our business.