Cipherloc (cipherloc.net) is a Scottsdale-based cybersecurity company with proprietary encryption technology that provides an ironclad layer of protection to data. Their technology is future-looking, focused on strengthening existing encryption algorithms, with known weaknesses and which will be irreparably compromised when quantum computing becomes mainstream.
Cipherloc sought to move their servers from in-house to a highly secure cloud-based hosting solution. The decision to move from on-site servers to cloud-based was prompted by the desire to have a data hosting solution with the highest degree of security possible. Due to the level of security required, Cipherloc initially looked at the big hosting solutions: Microsoft Azure and AWS. When Dr. Milton Mattox, Cipherloc’s Chief Operating Officer, learned about MyTek’s hosting solution, he decided to explore it.
“What really impressed me with MyTek’s hosting solution was their partnership with Iron Mountain’s data center,” said Mattox. Iron Mountain is one of the world’s premiere data centers with 15 locations across three continents, including a location in Arizona. With dedicated servers at the Phoenix Iron Mountain facility, coupled with in-house hosting expertise and resources, MyTek offers clients like Cipherloc enterprise-level hosting and security. Mattox noted that the biggest benefit to MyTek’s hosting is that it offers the security and services of an Azure or AWS, but with a lot more flexibility.
“With larger hosting vendors, it’s not impossible to install your own networking card, but it’s not easy and would take a long time,” said Mattox. Due to Cipherloc’s encryption technology, they need to install their product inside of a server cage so that all the Internet coming through and going out of the cage will be encrypted with Cipherloc’s technology.
“With MyTek, they are a lot more flexible – we can say ‘here’s what we’d like to do,’ and MyTek’s response is, ‘Let’s try it and do a use case,’ so we are now formulating a way to install our secure networking card for our encryption technology which is relatively easy with MyTek,” stated Mattox. “In addition to taking care of our hosting, MyTek also handles our Office 365 for us,” said Mattox. “I feel confidence based on the relationship that MyTek can scale with us as we grow.”
Cipherloc shared the following benefits from their hosting partnership with MyTek:
• Enterprise-level hosting services comparable to Microsoft Azure or AWS.
• The ability to quickly get trials such as installing their own secure encryption networking card in the pipeline, which would be challenging and timely to accomplish with larger hosting vendors.
• The highest level of infrastructure as a service (iaas) security with MyTek’s partnership with iron mountain data center and dedicated servers at their facility. • An enterprise-level hosting solution at better pricing.
• A partner that can also handle other IT needs for the company such as Office 365.
• The benefit of working with another Arizona-based business – someone in “our own backyard.”
• The confidence that they have a partner ready and able to grow and scale with them.
We deploy the magic of IT with unparalleled support to Arizona businesses. For over a decade, MyTek has provided proactive IT solutions such as technical helpdesk support, computer support, and IT consulting to growing businesses. It’s always been our goal to provide enterprise-level IT practices and solutions with predictable pricing. Our dedicated staff loves seeing our clients succeed. Your success is our success. We treat your business with the same care and strategic oversite as if it was our business.