It is essential to update your business technology to stay ahead of the competition and come out with innovative product offerings. But, advanced technology can get expensive and eat into your organization’s budget, especially when it comes to cloud hosting.
Have you ever been in this situation before? Don’t worry! We have a solution for you – a cloud-hosted desktop model.
Let’s understand the basics of a hosted desktop solution and see how it can help your company.
What is a Hosted Desktop?
A hosted desktop operates via cloud-based virtual machines. Also known as a virtual desktop or a Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) solution, a hosted desktop uses a centralized location. It is deployed on unique workstations called thin clients. Users can access different software to enhance their productivity using a hosted desktop. Also, you can quickly secure your files in a familiar format.
Benefits of Cloud Hosting
A hosted desktop that uses cloud hosting comes with benefits like:
- Effective deployment – You can deploy your data and files by adding them to the hosted desktop’s server. There is no additional hardware required.
- Centralized storage platform – The hosted desktop stores the frequently used data on a centralized location. You can protect your data from cyber threats or downtimes with regular backups.
- Enhanced mobility and access – As a cloud-based solution, applications’ access happens on the go, from any place with a strong internet connection.
- Easy to scale – As a month-to-month subscription service, your DaaS subscription can be easily renewed to meet your changing needs.
- Cost-Effective – With a hosted desktop, you need not invest in new hardware, as it is billed on a per-user basis, thus cutting down business costs.
Businesses That Are Ideal For Hosted Desktop
Hosted desktop solutions are suitable for jobs where you don’t need a dedicated workstation or a substantial amount of remote work involved. Some examples include the professional services industry, hospitality sector, and tech-centric endeavors. Also, the non-profit industry uses a hosted desktop to avoid excessive hardware investments.
If you are looking to reduce the impact of replacing hardware without hindering your employees’ work, give MyTek a call at 623-312-2440.