Understanding Windows 7 End of Life
Windows 7 End of Life – Your Business Can’t Afford to Run Out the Clock on This One
What’s the Big Deal?
Microsoft is retiring the very popular Windows 7 operating system, and any system still running that OS after January 14, 2020 will NOT BE SUPPORTED. There will be no further bug fixes or security updates which can leave your business vulnerable to security breaches. If you require compliance certifications your computer will no longer be in compliance.
What Should You Do?
Simply put, you need to immediately make a plan to upgrade away from Windows 7.
What Are Your Options?
You can upgrade to Windows 10 or you can look to the cloud-based offerings such as Microsoft 365, which provides a web-hosted copy of Windows 10 Pro.
What needs to be done:
- Establish what computer systems are running Windows 7
- Review computer hardware and consider replacing to support Windows 10
- Check your line of business and other applications for compatibility
- Establish a timeline and a budget
- Plan time for employee training
If you are in Arizona and are still using Windows 7, our expert consultants can give you hand to beat the clock before it runs out. Contact MyTek at 623-312-2440 or complete the form to the right today. We are happy to help!